CDC guidelines issued May 13, 2021 and Governor Cooper’s Executive Order 215 issued May 14, 2021 have relaxed the mandate to wear face coverings (masks). The CDC considers massage and bodywork therapy to be health care and Governor Cooper’s Order still requires face coverings in health care settings. Licensed massage and bodywork therapists (LMBTs) provide health care services to the citizens of North Carolina. LMBTs are still required to wear masks when providing massage and bodywork therapy services.
We kindly ask that you make the best choice for yourself with regard to receiving treatment in a group practice. Because vaccinations are not mandated, there will be clients and staff who are in the building who are both vaccinated and not. If you do not feel comfortable receiving massage from or being in an environment where there are unvaccinated people, we understand and support that decision.
We will continue the following protocols
1. Upon entering, we will ask you several questions and take your temperature using our infrared forehead thermometer.
2. We will continue to bear in mind social distance measures as much as possible.
3. Please wash your hands before and after session.
4. If you would prefer for your therapist to use a disposable face cradle cover, please let them know. Otherwise, they will use the traditional flannel cover which is washed after each use.
5. We are not doing Couples Massage though we can schedule two people at the same time in separate rooms.
6. Cleanliness has always been a priority at Wellville and will remain as such. There is a spray bottle of hand sanitizer in all the treatment rooms as well as the bathrooms.