What is an Infrared Sauna?
Infrared light is naturally occurring from the sun and is experienced as heat by the body. It is the invisible part of the sun’s spectrum and has the ability to penetrate human tissue to produce a host of health benefits. Infrared sauna therapy heats the body directly rather than simply warming the air. It raises the core body temperature and produces a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where most toxins reside. Some people need several sessions before they begin to perspire. Deep sweating in a far-infrared sauna can be affected by a number of factors including health status, medications, recent food intake and hydration level. Once sweating begins however, a volume 2-3 times that of regular saunas can be achieved and at lower temperatures.
***Prior to your first infrared sauna session at Wellville, you will be required to completely read and sign an informed consent which will outline, in detail, all the information you’ll need to gauge whether using the sauna is appropriate for you. Sessions can be 15-45 minutes in length and best results are received with regular usage.
- Detoxification - Sweating is the body’s safe and natural way to heal & stay healthy. Far infrared sauna benefits the body by heating it directly causing a rise in core temperature resulting in a deep, detoxifying sweat at the cellular level, where toxins reside.
- Anti-Aging & Skin Purification – Helps heal the epidermis and dermis layers of the skin. It stimulate collagen production to reduce wrinkles and improve overall skin tone.
- Pain Relief - Infrared heat penetrates tissue, joints, and muscles to relieve anything from minor aches and pains to chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia. Pain management professionals incorporate infrared heat therapy into treatment plans to decrease pain and muscle spasms and to speed up recovery time.
- Improve Sleep Quality - Unlike traditional saunas which operate at extremely harsh temperatures, infrared is a gentle, soothing and therapeutic heat that promotes relaxation and improved sleep. Infrared sauna benefits include therapy that helps you relax while receiving an invigorating deep tissue sweat, leaving you fully refreshed after each session.
- Cellular Health - Near infrared therapy stimulates the circulatory system and more fully oxygenate the body’s cells. Better blood circulation means more toxins flow from the cellular level to the skin’s surface to improve cell health, aid in muscle recovery and strengthen the immune system.
- Improves Circulation - Heating the muscles with infrared rays produces an increase in blood flow similar to that seen during exercise. Regular infrared sauna use can significantly stimulate blood flow up to twice the normal rate.
- Lowers Blood Pressure – Infrared saunas induce a deep sweat to make the heart pump faster, which in turn increases blood flow, lowers blood pressure and helps circulation. Scientific evidence shows the infrared sauna benefits using an infrared sauna a couple times a week lowers blood pressure.
- Weight Loss - Studies have shown that benefits of an infrared sauna session can burn upwards of 600 calories while you relax! As the body works to cool itself, there is a substantial increase in heart rate, cardiac output and metabolic rate, causing the body to burn more calories.
- Wound Healing - Scientific research has concluded that near infrared therapy greatly enhances the skin’s healing process by promoting faster cell regeneration and human tissue growth. Human cell growth increases to repair wounds and prevent infection.
A case study reported in Sweden involved a 70 year-old man who had rheumatoid arthritis secondary to acute rheumatic fever. He had reached his toxic limit of gold injections and his erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) was still 125. After using a far infrared sauna for less than five months, his ESR was down to 11. A rheumatologist worked with a 14 year-old Swedish girl who had difficulty walking downstairs due to knee pain from the age of eight. This therapist told her mother the girl would be in a wheelchair within two years if she did not begin gold corticosteroid therapy. After three far infrared sauna treatments, she began to become more agile and subsequently took up folk dancing without the aid of conventional approaches. A clinical study in Japan reported a successful solution for seven out of seven cases of rheumatoid arthritis treated with whole body far infrared sauna therapy.
Dr. Alison Bested, Canada’s premier MD treating this growing epidemic of chronic pain, treats her toughest cases in a Far Infrared Sauna in her practice. Dr. Bested reports that after Far Infrared Sauna Therapy patients who otherwise did not respond to treatments will show improvement.
Clinical observations reported by Dr. Jozef Krop (pioneer in sauna therapy) in 1988 showed that detoxification with sauna therapy completely abated the symptoms of asthma in patients where pharmaceutical treatment failed.
Studies at the Renowned Mayo Clinic in 1995 showed that low heat infrared saunas are not only safe for heart patients but in clinical tests actually reduced the symptoms in 34 end-stage-heart patient. The reason; toxins burdening the body were released via sweat, allowing the heart to perform more easily and at peak function for each patient.
Customers with both Low Blood Pressure and High Blood Pressure have reported an equalization of their BP readings and a reduction of symptoms associated with their conditions.
The Solocarbon heat penetrates deeply into the joints, softening connective tissue and making it less brittle and tight.
Customers have reported a complete abatement of symptoms resulting from psoriasis. The sweat carries natural toxins out of the body, instead of them coming out via dead skin cells, and the problem subsides.
Many toxins associated with cancer such as plasticizers, Lead and other heavy metals are proven to be removed in sweat particles. Dr. Sat Dharam Kaur, author of the “Complete Natural Medicine Guide to Breast Cancer” recommends regular far infrared saunas as a means to avoid carcinogenic substances from building to dangerous levels in our bodies.
Studies reported in the Journal of the American Medical Association show that 30 minutes of continuous sweating in a sauna will burn 600 calories, similar to rowing or running.
- A ceiling vent, allowing old air out and new air in
- Materials and construction free of toxins
- Built from truly hypoallergenic basswood eliminating the risk of sensitivities to wood aromas
- Certified – No electro-magnetic frequency (EMF) in or around the saunas
- Solo carbon heaters create pure far-infrared, penetrating deep to the body’s cellular level and raising your core temperature causing you to sweat from deep within