Shiroabhyanga focuses on the shoulders, neck, face and head, the areas most vulnerable to stress and tension. The head massage induces a state of calm, peace and tranquility and promotes high levels of alertness and concentration. During this session, oil will be kept for a suitable period on the head of an individual. This is called Moordha taila or oiling of the head.
Benefits Include ::
* an increase of the flow of cerebro-spinal fluids, strengthening the nervous system
* improvement of blood circulation in head, neck and face muscles
* aids in healing of eyestrain, tinitus, jaw ache and sinusitis
* stimulates lymphatic drainage and aids sleep
* nourishing the hair roots and may help prevent excessive hair loss